Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pulled from the back of the shelf....

I was reading someones blog last night, and it reminded me that I havent read a book in a while....I ran to my shelf (ran? really Im not that pathetic, no I didnt run more like briskly walked haha, bad adjective makes me sound seriously sad) and skimmed the books...pulled out Diary by Palahniuk, I mean I never used to read things by him until one day my friend Brian (a serious Dick, whom I will chat about later he has to be the closet to a Freudian basket case as any) told me about him. Now I cant get enough. I dusted it off and began to retrace the pages of the fine printed book, you could tell I had gone through it because the pen and high-lighted marks were just too much. My mother is a teacher and I kind of picked up habits from her and from College on how to analyze a book. I take it way too far and detach every word and phrase into my own meaning. I think literature is always up for interpretation, its Art meaning....'we' give it its own meaning.....so last night before hitting the sheets I began to re-trace my prior steps.....its as if remembering a dream...I often place myself in the book, playing the main character and having my family and friends relate to the others. Its surreal sometimes how lost I get in the realm of other people's words....I like it...sometimes I wish I could stay there.....

I went to bed late last night, not like it mattered because I do not fly out to LA until Thursday Morning....so its ok! But yes, I am up quite early. Got to have my daily regimen of the humid Houston air and the concrete beneath my feet, and the steady 'pitter patter' of my quick feet.....which does wonders for my hair. haha....yeah right.

Im staring at this screen now and I want to just babble on.....but I have lots to do today and well frankly I dont have time to waste....go-go-go. Its never at a quiet stand-still is it? We are in Texas for crying out loud not New York!

Humph! Sigh!

"Eh!"

Okay well Im out....I may hop back on later....I just have house-hold duties to perform later. Then I have to read a script for a role Im suppose to agree to play.....hopefully this one is good, because the last one was ummm how do I say this....not even worth the time of Pauly Shore or (the annoying horrid actress) Miss P. Hilton. Need I say more?

~T~

3 comments:

Rahul said...

I'm sorry my friend, but EVERY script is worht Pauly Shore's time. You take that back right now!

Allie-gator said...

Ok I'm leaving...

But I would have to agree with rs27. I would never put Miss P and Pauly in the same sentence.

Simply Taylor said...

No way Jose....the only movie he was gd in was Bio-Dome and that is b/c the other cast saved him! Encino man was funny but I still dont think his skills are worth my money.